Wednesday, July 21, 2010

These Precious Minutes Burn.


Whoa! It has been quite a busy few weeks! There are so many incredible things I could blog about... but I'm really much better at talking than blogging- so ask me about the hapennings of my life right now!

Ok- before you do anything. Click on the link below and listen to the song "Precious Minutes."

http://www.myspace.com/daveandjessray

Last week I was able to work with a ton of wonderful people as we prepared for FCA's Leadership/Surf camp at UNCW. Awesome week to say the least. God penetrated the hearts of so many, and His presence was apparent. As a few of the huddle leaders talked on Thursday night, we decided that one of the most challenging aspects of camp life is the fact that God has given us, as leaders, only one week to spend with these campers. During this one week, you must exhaust all options of communication, relationship building, and EVERYTHING ELSE! Naturally, we are fully aware that only God can move in the hearts of the students, but we were all struggling with and coming to terms with the fact that through only five days with campers, we must face all of the challenges that come with the desire to plant a seed. (Check out Luke 8:4-15). As soon as campers arrived last Monday- we hit the ground running. There was little to no time to second guess or second check anything said or done. God had prayerfully prepared us to run full speed ahead with gospel in hand.
What an incredible seven days of pure chaos, confusion, exhaustion, discofort, faithfulness, openness, praise, and thankfulness! So this got me thinking... what would my walk look like in the coming months if I prayerfully submitted to EVERYTHING I was being called to do and pursued it without second thought or reserve? Now this does not entail recklessness or disobedience... just raw servitude to Christ.
Someone told me yesterday that I seem to "pick the most inopportune times to blurt out the most important things." I found this sort of humorous... and couldn't disagree. My defense was that if some things are not said at one specific moment... they can quickly become irrelevant. What would my converstions look like if I had the same attitude when it came to making disciples?
Hopefully you have listened to "Precious Minutes" at this point. If you have not... scroll up to the link and check it out now. Think about what the chorus says "These precious minutes burn." How true is this!? I waste so much time playing with fire instead of running toward it confidently. Fight fire with fire. I am ablaze because I am of Jesus- so what reason have I to be timid or spend an unhealthy amount of time "deciding" (and I use the term "deciding" loosely as I often do) upon what God has or has not called me to pursue? Pursue the gospel. Pursue Jesus. Daily, I am presentd with SO MANY opportunites to "plant seeds." As my minutes burn away, how will I spend them? How will you spend yours? Dr. David Jeremiah (What in the World is Going On) says "That is the key to pleasing the Lord in these days- continue to work diligently at what God has called you to do. Believing in the imminent return of Jesus involves more than simply waiting. It is a matter of working while we wait. Working hard. Working faithfully. Working in the power and joy and filling of the Holy Spirit."
That is simply the prayer that God has given me over the past few days. As I've shared with some of you this week- my Summer has been so interesting. As God draws me closer to Him, I've felt led to eliminate any distractions, any questionable pursuits, and anything blocking my view of ONLY Him. God is showing me that I cannot add anything to Him or take anything from Him. I want to spend this week fearlessly pursuing the gospel and all that comes with it. I want to challenge you to pray the same if God puts it on your heart. When God gives you words or opportunity, embrace it! Pick those inopportune moments to say important things :)
I'm thankful this week for the renewed confidence that the Lord has given to me. Not a confidence in myself, but in all of the areas in which He is using me. God is finally showing me pieces of Himself that I have been waiting to see! My favorite scripture comes from Jer. 33:3 as God makes promises of restoration and peace(Search for ME and I will show you great and hidden things that you have not known!) This has held true this entire summer. I will only be shown what is hidden when I search for Him. With this, comes promised peace and restoration just as it was to this weeping prophet. So this week, whatever your burden... whatever your concern, don't make what is of this world a priority. Search for hidden opportunities to present the gospel. Pray for and seek out divine appointments. God will use this desire to plant seeds where He "sow" desires. (I love puns.)
As you are already aware, I'm not that great at focusing my thoughts. So, sorry that this blog, as all of the others, is ALL over the place. Thanks for reading! And seriously... ask me about my summer. Ask about my week and how we witnessed God work at UNCW. Ask me about what I'm learning about David and his heart! Please continue to pray for the planting and multiplying of spiritually growing Churches in Angola (Luena, specifically.) Please let me know how I can pray for each of YOU this week! Thanks so much for all of your encouragement and questions and...EVERYTHING!! You guys are so amazing and I am thankful for all of you!

Remember your minutes this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment